Here you can review and change your cookie settings. The firm also provides all information about the cookies used on this website.
In the disclaimer the firm states that the data of this website contains are exclusively included as general information. No rights whatsoever can be derived from these data.
Here you can read our professional liability insurance and contact details for who to contact if you have any questions or complaints.
In the privacy statement you can read what kind of data the firm stores, how the firm uses it, your rights and how to invoke them.
Terms and Conditions
The use of this website is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. By using this website you accept these terms and conditions.
On the basis of the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act, lawyers and forensic auditors are obliged to identify the client, prior to establishing a business relationship.
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to all assignments to CAUSA FINALIS LAW FIRM B.V. (hereinafter referred to as “Causa Finalis Law Firm” or “us” or “we”), also to supplemental and further assignments of its clients.
- These General terms and Conditions are in both Dutch and English. In the event of any discrepancy between the Dutch and English versions, the Dutch version shall prevail.
- These General Conditions may be relied on by Causa Finalis Law Firm and each person associated with Causa Finalis Law Firm, including but not limited to any legal successor under universal title of any person associated with Causa Finalis Law Firm, any person formerly associated with Causa Finalis Law Firm, and any legal successor under universal title of a person formerly associated with Causa Finalis Law Firm. “Person associated with Causa Finalis Law Firm” is understood to mean any: employee, (student-) trainee, advisor, partner, subsidiary and shareholder of Causa Finalis Law Firm.
- Any assignment by a client is given to Causa Finalis Law Firm and not to any person associated with Causa Finalis Law Firm. This includes any assignment from a client that is to be performed by a specific person associated with Causa Finalis Law Firm. Sections 7:404 and 7:407 subsection 2 of the Dutch Civil Code are herewith excluded.
- If, in the course of an assignment of a client, an event occurs which leads to any liability on the part of Causa Finalis Law Firm, such liability shall be limited to the amount that is paid out in that specific case under the professional liability insurance of Causa Finalis Law Firm, increased by the amount of the applicable deductible (eigen risico).
- If, by or in connection with the performance of an assignment of a client or otherwise, damage is caused to persons or property, for which Causa Finalis Law Firm is liable, then the liability shall be limited to the amount paid out in that specific case under the general professional corporate liability insurance (AVB) of Causa Finalis Law Firm, increased by the amount of the applicable deductible (eigen risico).
- Instructions are executed exclusively for the benefit of the client giving the instructions. Unless Causa Finalis Law Firm expressly consents in writing, no one other than the client may rely on or has any rights in connection with the result of such instructions or the manner of execution thereof.
- If for whatever reason, no amount is paid out under either of the abovementioned insurances, the liability of Causa Finalis Law Firm shall be limited to a maximum of € 100,000.–.
- Claims for damages shall expire after a period of one year following the day on which the client became aware of the damages and of Causa Finalis Law Firm as the liable party.
- If Causa Finalis Law Firm engages a person not associated with Causa Finalis Law Firm to perform an assignment from a client, Causa Finalis Law Firm shall not be liable vis-a-vis the client for any error or omission (fout) made by such a person. By instructing Causa Finalis Law Firm, the client gives Causa Finalis Law Firm authority to accept on behalf of the client a limitation of liability stipulated by such person.
- The scale of fees is indexed annually. All invoices presented by Causa Finalis Law Firm must be paid within 15 days of the invoice date. An advance payment may be requested at any time for work that has been or will be carried out. Causa Finalis Law Firm has the right to suspend work if the client fails to pay the invoice or if an advance payment is not provided. If the term of payment is exceeded, the client is in default and an interest charge for late payment, equivalent to the current statutory interest, shall be owed. If Causa Finalis Law Firm is compelled to take measures to recover the amount owed from the client who is in default, the collection costs – the amounts of the extrajudicial costs in conformity with the Decision compensation extra-judicial costs of recovery of payments (Besluit vergoeding voor buitengerechtelijke incassokosten) – are for the account of the client.
- Pursuant to applicable legislation, Causa Finalis Law Firm is obliged to verify the identity of its clients and to report certain unusual transactions to the authorities in certain circumstances. By instructing Causa Finalis Law Firm, clients confirm that they are aware of this obligation and give their permission, insofar as this is required.
- The Complaints Procedure Causa Finalis Law Firm (Klachtenregeling Causa Finalis Law Firm) applies to the legal relationship between Causa Finalis Law Firm and its clients.
- Dutch law shall govern the legal relationship between Causa Finalis Law Firm and its clients. Any dispute between Causa Finalis Law Firm and a client shall be resolved in the first instance exclusively by the District Court of Midden-Nederland, the Netherlands.